bulk update thru send_nsca

Joseph Hardeman jwhardeman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 04:39:37 CEST 2006

Greetings,

Does anyone know a way to post multiple checks thru a single send_nsca
post?  Currently every process/device that we check sends an individual
send_nsca post to our central server.  As we have anywhere between 5 to 250
devices at over 450 different locations this can be quite consuming at the
sites. Currently we are primarily doing pings on most of our devices to make
sure they are live, but want to do much more and to keep the amount of
nsca's on the central server down, I was wondering if it wouldn't be better
to have multiple posts sent thru a single connection, verses every post
establishing a connection.

Thanks in advance on your thoughts and help.

Joseph