Nagios not writing to nagios.log

Fred Janssen fredje110 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 26 19:14:19 CEST 2006

A few days ago we started testing Nagios as a monitoring tool.

At this moment we are recording a number of PureTest scripts to enable us to
monitor advanced use cases when checking our web applications.

The Nagios/PureTest integration works rather well. We have only one (in our
perception) strange problem:

When running the scripts as user NAGIOS we get all the necessary entries in
the
nagios.log file.

When running the scripts from NAGIOS no entries are written to this file
(but
the status in the console is correct). Other http_checks do generate
log-entries
and the permissions seem OK.

Your advice & comments are very much appreciated.

With best regards,

Fred Janssen