Nagios 'Out Of Memory' Problems

Armistead, Raffy rarmistead at datanamicsinc.com
Sat Mar 25 20:54:24 CET 2006

Thanks for the information. I have added the lines to the init script and I will monitor the server to see if it still occurs. I had also changed the max_concurrent_checks to 50 from 100 and changed  service_reaper_frequency from 2 to 1. This was done on all servers. I also set
process_performance_data from 1 to 0 to disable it from running in hopes to eliminate more processes.

I was wondering will this process get executed when running the external command to reboot the server from the webpage. If it isn't is there anything I can change for it to do so?

Also what type of computer should the main central server be running for 7000 devices (1 service each). We haven't added more devices to the Nagios server since the problem has been happening but we expect to add another 1000 once the problem is corrected and another 1000 or so throughout the rest of the year. I doubt the computer I had running now is adequate for the job so I would like to move it to a more powerful system. Currently I have a 2.4 Celeron PC with 2 GB of RAM running on the main server. What system should I get to properly handle this many devices? The individual servers are running the same thing and don't seem to have problems but should these be upgraded as well?

I am planning on installing Fedora for the OS and had installed everything as a package with the current setup. To eliminate more processes can someone tell me what packages should I have installed to get Nagios, NSCA and Apache working properly without anything else. I am sure there might be a better flavor of Linux to run Nagios but we have already standarized using RedHat and Fedora for the OS.

Thanks again for the information and hopefully this will resolve my problem.

Raffy