check_log2.pl perl module

Terry L. Inzauro tinzauro at ha-solutions.net
Fri Mar 24 23:06:56 CET 2006

Arno Lehmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 3/24/2006 8:08 PM, Terry L. Inzauro wrote:
>> Arno Lehmann wrote:
>> indeed i did.  sometime you can't see the trees through the forest ;)
>> sorry for the rookie mistake.
>
> Been there, done that. Most of us here, I guess...
>
> Arno

so battle #2.  i am trying to figure out how to make check_log2.pl have multiple search strings.  the documentation inside the script states that any
perl regex can be  used to the "-p" argument....but warned to be very careful....i'm gussing careful to not kill yourself in the process ;)

my question to the list is: how do you quote the command so it can be run by the check_by_ssh_plugin?

/usr/nagios/libexec/check_by_ssh -H testcase -C '/opt/nagios/libexec/check_log2.pl -l /var/log/messages -s /tmp/seekfile -p "crit|warn|info|auth"'
Could not open pipe: /usr/bin/ssh testcase '/opt/nagios/libexec/check_log2.pl -l /var/log/messages -s /tmp/seekfile -p "crit|warn|info|auth"'
nagios at jenna ~ $