Check_log3 - solaris log monitoring

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Thu Mar 23 23:20:43 CET 2006

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 02:15:14PM -0800, Amalarasan Jayaraman wrote:
>         My question is, how will I reset the status to
> normal, from nagios, after the problem is fixed.
If the plugin only looks at 'new' lines, then it'll
automatically reset on the next probe, unless that probe too
exhibits a problem.

> want to monitor multiple search strings in the syslog
> and may want to send alerts for every time the pattern
> match is found or once in 2 hours (depends on the type
> of error). I can afford to use multiple probes if
> required.
You might want to look at sending all your syslogs to a central
server, and having Simple Event Correlator
(http://freshmeat.net/projects/sec) send passive alerts in to
Nagios about it. It is very good at handling X-matches-over-time
and so on.

-Jason Martin
--
I lost a button hole today.