distributed server and unavailability

Rob Hassing nagios-users at redcap.nl
Wed Mar 22 14:47:50 CET 2006

Hello all,

We seem to have a problem with a distributed setup.
One of the distributed servers is being used as a normal server as well,
but is setup to send its results to an other central server as well.

When this central server is not reachable for the distributed server the
connectivity fails and this stall connection influences all function such
as performance information which is put in a RRD and notifications.

There is a fork() in the source (in function my_system), but this doesn't
seem to work. Or it's not there for this reason.

Thank you very much in advance for your answers...

Best regards,
Rob Hassing