check_procs - exclude processes

robban at netnerdz.se robban at netnerdz.se
Tue Mar 21 20:02:18 CET 2006

Hello all!

Is it posible to exclude processes in the check_procs?
I want to monitor all my linux nodes for:
check_procs -w 7 -c 15 --metric=CPU
check_procs -w 5000 -c 10000 --metric=VSZ
But I want to exlude some processes (httpd and mysql).

The reason for this setup is I want to create a baseline monitor to checks all
linux hosts after suspicious processes.
On the hostgroup db and web i uses diffrent checks to see if mysql/apache
is behaving good.

Is it posible or should I use another plugin (which in that case?)

//Robban