check_mysql plugin will not compile

Arno Lehmann al at its-lehmann.de
Mon Mar 20 20:21:06 CET 2006

Hello,

On 3/20/2006 7:28 PM, Lundgren, Scott wrote:
> I'm getting the following error messages in config.log as I try to
> compile check_mysql. Can someone tell me why configure is not finding
> the file?
>
> I'm using: nagios-plugins-1.4.2, MySQL 4.1.15
>
> I set: LD_OPTIONS=-R/opt/csw/lib -R/opt/csw/mysql4/lib/mysql
> -L/opt/csw/lib
>
> Errors I have in config.log:
>
> configure:9365: checking for mysql_init in -lmysqlclient
> configure:9395: cc -o conftest -g -I/opt/csw/include  -L. conftest.c
> -lmysqlclient -L/opt/csw/lib/mysql -lz  >&5
> ld: fatal: library -lmysqlclient: not found
> ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest

This looks like thy mysqlclient library is not found, so either it is
not installed, it is installed in a non-standard location, or your LD
path isn't complete.

In other words, make sure that ld searches for the library in the
correct locations, i.e. the directories in the LD_OPTIONS or the
standard system library paths.

Might also be that you don't have the necssary include files, in that
case make sure you have installed the mysql _development_ files, but the
message seems to indicate that the includes were found.

Arno

IT-Service Lehmann                    al at its-lehmann.de