performance data reporting

Mike Koponick mkoponick at redhawk.info
Mon Mar 20 16:29:25 CET 2006

Terry,

I know for me, I would like to see something like an output of MRTG. I
know I can integrate MRTG in some forms, but I would like to pull
directly from the MySQL tables/columns, rather than using something like
RRDTool, as I can get a better (longer) history using the MySQL
database. This would make the distributed model work very well.

If I look at the NDO tables, I see that there is a table called,
NDO_SERVICECHECKS. It has few columns that I am using already, but I
would like to have data in the "Perfdata" column. It could be that I am
missing something here (It's not the first time ;-)) but I would think
something like Perfparse would store data in this area, unless Nagios
already has something that will put performance data in that area.

PHP could generate graphs fairly easy, although I have not done much
work like this myself; sample code is available in many places.

Mike