performance data reporting

Stephen Barron thurgoodj187 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 08:34:03 CET 2006

I agree that seems simple, but the hard part is actually getting the
data into the database, since many checks written send perf data in
many formats, which makes parsing very tricky.  Perfparse is pretty
limiting in what it will accept.  We have written parsing scripts to
attempt to format the data before perfparse pulls it into mysql.

http://wiki.perfparse.org/tiki-view_faq.php?faqId=6#q7

My opinion is that the perfparse cgi works pretty well, but without
our scripting hacks, half of the raw data never becomes binary data.

I have noticed some work from groundwork http://www.itgroundwork.com,
but have not been able to set this up in test environment yet.

Steve

On 3/18/06, Mike Koponick <mkoponick at redhawk.info> wrote:
> I have been looking at something similar. I can get the "performance"
> data into a field in MySQL, it's just a matter of writing a graphing
> tool of sorts to help show that data in a format that is readable.
>
> Mike

Steve