"Host assumed to be up" message?

Mark Hennessy mhennessy at cloud9.net
Fri Mar 17 20:37:39 CET 2006

I have noticed with Nagios 1.3 and earlier, in "Host Detail" if a host is not
checked because its services are all up, "Host assumed to be up" is shown.
Now with Nagios 2.0, it shows the last check, and lots of those check dates
can of course get to be very old.

My Nagios users who watch this page are nervous at seeing such an old last
check.  I need to do one of the following:

1. Restore the old behavior of masking that date if the host is still up and
we know this by virtue of the service checks being successful.  This may be
perhaps done by putting the last successful service check date in that field?

2. Make Nagios check the hosts anyway even if all of the services are working
so that date increments.

Any ideas?

--
 Mark Hennessy