Plugin Directory

Brunker, Jay Jay.Brunker at twc.state.tx.us
Tue Mar 14 18:19:54 CET 2006

Greetings:

YANNG ( Yet Another Nagios Newbie Question ).

OK, so my 'make install-commandmode' failed and I manually
created a '/usr/local/nagios/etc' filesystem. I copied from
source/sample-config to '/usr/local/nagios/etc'.

Downloaded and installed the plugins.

The thing is ... the plugins install message says to verify
that my nagios.cfg file ( hosts.cfg ) file is correct with regards
to my plugin directory.

OK, so ... I'm assuming that the 'nagios.cfg' file is referring
to the 'Plugins' section with:
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/checkcommands.cfg line.

I'm confused. I don't have a '/usr/local/nagios/etc/checkcommands.cfg file
in my
'/usr/local/nagios/etc' directory. I do have the file in my
'source/template-object' directory
though.

Aren't the plugins in '/usr/local/nagios/libexec' ?

Some help/clarification would be most appreciated here.

Thanks,

JZB

Jay Brunker
Unix Systems Administrator