/usr/local/nagios/etc directory not created

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Mar 14 17:26:50 CET 2006

'make commandmode' is invalid and seems to have been a typo in this
e-mail. 'make install-commandmode' _is_ a valid command. Are you sure
you did it from the root of the compiled source tree? I don't recall
ever hearing of a failure of that command before.

> I manually create the '/etc/local/nagios/etc' directory with correct
> permissions ( nagios.nagios) and copied the files from
> source/nagios/sample-config over to '/usr/local/bin/nagios/etc'.
>
> Are there any other files that I should copy to
'/usr/local/nagios/etc'
> before proceeding with the config ?

I would recommend just running 'make install-config' from the compiled
source tree --

make install-config
     - This installs *SAMPLE* config files in /usr/local/nagios/etc
       You'll have to modify these sample files before you can
       use Nagios.  Read the HTML documentation for more info
       on doing this.  Pay particular attention to the docs on
       object configuration files, as they determine what/how
       things get monitored!

--
Marc