host DOWN if all services CRITICAL

Wolfgang Powisch powo+lists.nagios-users at powo.priv.at
Tue Mar 14 12:21:10 CET 2006

Tomas Macek wrote:
> Hi, only Nagios knows the states of all the services of the host, so I
> think you cannot program such a plugin, that would know about results of
> the other services

I assume that it is rather trivial (even since i'm using ndoutils and
can lookup the service states in db) to get the service-states out of
nagios.

I think check_cluster does something like this too, but it's used for
a different purpose.

What I'm really interested in, is, if there are any dangerous pitfalls I
  could run in, when I use the service states to determine the host-state.
Has anybody ever used something like this ?