No resending of questions please (Was: Database Usage With Nagios)

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Tue Mar 14 08:06:22 CET 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Tony John wrote:

>             I have configured nagios and installed mysql. I got two
> scripts called loadconfig.pl and loadlogs.pl from

Thank you Tony, for rerunning old shows.

In general on mailinglist this section applies to unanswered questions:

As most questions get sone sort of reply it just does not mean every
question gets answered by someone. Resending a question within a day
is not the way to go. Give it a week and rephrase a question if there is
no reply to a question. And always considere that your particular question
might just not have the easy answer you are looking for.

If you are in a hurry: hire someone to do the job. Just do not push a free
support mechanisme like this mailinglist to the point where regular
posters of answers get annoyed and go away because they have had it
with all the pushing and resends on the list.

Hugo.