Incorrect command line arguments supplied

Rod Pudwell rod at arwholesalers.com
Tue Mar 14 00:45:22 CET 2006

Marc Powell <marc <at> ena.com> writes:

> It's your check_nrpe command definition that is incorrect somehow. Can
> you post that? It should look something like the following --
>
> define command{
>         command_name    check_nrpe
>         command_line    $USER1$/check_nrpe $HOSTADDRESS$ -c $ARG1$ -to
> 30
>         }

Marc, I checked the syntax by executing ./check_nrpe  ,my check command is below:

define command {
command_name                    check_nrpe
command_line                    $USER1$/check_nrpe $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 5666-c $ARG1$
}

Even tried typing the full path to check_nrpe executable. What puzzles me is
that all my check commands are working fine on old Nagios server which is
running on Solaris 9 box. The only difference that I can think of is that the
new server is Fedora Core 4. Maybe their is a compatability issue because I
compiled the check commands with wrong libraries..??? Also made sure the use
external commands switch was enable at compile time. I don't know...I'm just
about ready to scrap the lot and biuld another solaris server. At least I know
it will work with my current ETC config files.

Cheers
Rod.