Sms message

Derek J. Balling deballing at vassar.edu
Sun Mar 12 01:47:53 CET 2006

On Mar 11, 2006, at 7:26 PM, Az wrote:

> You could always avoid the dialup part (what if your local
> telephone exchange is dead/lines cut) by using a GSM terminal (like
> the old Siemens M20). Get two with diffferent carrier SIMs to give
> yourself redundancy using SMS server tools (http://
> smstools.meinemullemaus.de/) to drive them. Of course, this just
> moves your point of failure further down the line...

Does anyone know a good source for an M20 in the US? Or,
alternatively, something functionally identical? I'm willing to
import it, so long as it'd work on our Cingular GSM network. I'm
fairly confident in my ability to convince our Cingular rep to let us
put one of their SIM cards in it, etc.

Cheers,

Derek J. Balling
Systems Administrator