Nagios 2.0 config files

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Mar 8 18:26:40 CET 2006

files?

Whichever you've specified as a cfg_file in nagios.cfg. In fact, those
are just example files and you don't need to use them at all. You could
specify your own cfg_files or use cfg_dir. We have all our devices in
separate files per region and/or function for example.

cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/ena_config/tnops-hosted-dns.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/ena_config/tnops-east.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/ena_config/tnops-lea-east.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/ena_config/tnops-middle.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/ena_config/tnops-lea-middle.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/ena_config/tnops-west.cfg

> About services i noticed that services.cfg was absent, and i have to
> declare
> services in bigger.cfg, but i can't  see all the hosts i want to
monitor
> when i click on  host detail menu!!

Is the file specified as a cfg_file in nagios.cfg? Try running
/path/to/nagios -v /path/to/nagios.cfg and look for warnings or errors.
Also verify that the count of hosts and services is correct.

--
Marc