what external cmd(s) to use to stop escalations/notifications ?

drwho102003-nagios at yahoo.com drwho102003-nagios at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 20:50:08 CET 2006

I've some hosts that are under attack and some hosts that will be under attack.
What cmd(s) should I use to stop notifications on all of them ?

I've tried ACKNOWLEDGE_SVC_PROBLEM but all it does is disabling passive checks.  Some of my svc checks are active checks.

Should I use DISABLE_HOST_SVC_NOTIFICATION in addition to ACKNOWLEDGE_SVC_PROBLEM ?

Also, should I use ACKNOWLEDGE_HOST_PROBLEM instead ?  If a host is under attack, multple services could be affected.  It'll be nice to issue just one cmd instead of multiple
ACKNOWLEDGE_SVC_PROBLEM.
Also, should I use the sticky option for
ACKNOWLEDGE_{SVC,HOST}_PROBLEM ?
Remember that some of the hosts are NOT YET under attack but I THINK that they'll be within 10 mins or so...

Thx much.