check_snmp on Sol 10 mangling data

Kyle Tucker kylet at panix.com
Mon Mar 6 19:58:53 CET 2006

After playing with gdb all day, I found the culprit. The array of chars
named "type" was getting initialized with the crud on Solaris 10. On 8
it was zeroed out at runtime. Using bzero on it before it's used fixed
it up.

*** check_snmp.c.orig   Mon Mar  6 08:05:26 2006
--- check_snmp.c        Mon Mar  6 13:45:53 2006
***************
*** 242,247 ****
--- 242,249 ----
                }

                /* We strip out the datatype indicator for PHBs */
+               /* Clean up type array */
+               bzero(type, sizeof(type));
                if (strstr (response, "Gauge: "))
                        show = strstr (response, "Gauge: ") + 7;
                else if (strstr (response, "Gauge32: "))

--
- Kyle