Distibuted monitoring

Arno Lehmann al at its-lehmann.de
Sun Mar 5 22:58:16 CET 2006

Hi,

On 3/3/2006 12:51 PM, Andrew V. Chertolyas wrote:
> Arno Lehmann wrote:
>  > Have you defined the services and hosts that you report from the
>
>> distributed monitoring server on the central one, too,
>

> Hmm. So, if i have following configuration for one of hosts on
> distributed server, what do I need to write in configs on central
> server? The same?
>
> define host{
>         use                             generic-host
>         host_name                       NSCA_test
>         name                            NSCA_test
>         alias                           NSCA_test
>         address                         x.x.x.x
>         check_command                   check-host-alive
>         }
>
> define service{
>         use                             generic-service
>         host_name                       NSCA_test
>         service_description             PING
>         check_command                   check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
>         }

You need an identical definition as far as host and service name,
description and alias are concerned. If you set up check_commands
dependson your needs... the central check_commands can be used as a fall
back when no distributed status reports come in - very ofen, you'll find
variants of check_dummy with a status of WARNING or CRITICAL and some
message saying that no reports came in.

There are some more options you should understand - the manual chapter
concerning distributed monitoring is rather helpful there.

>> set up command processing, and accept passive check results for the
>> services and hosts?
>

> Yes, it's done.

Arno

IT-Service Lehmann                    al at its-lehmann.de