AW: Error in configuration file (NULL value)

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 21:36:37 CET 2006

> Yes I did.  The main configuration file is named 'nagios.cfg' isn't it?
>   /etc/nagios is where FC3 puts the config files.

You may want to look at nagios 2.0, and you may want to look at some
documentation that I've done up specifically for the rpm users of
nagios. It's located here ->
http://www.cognitive-dissonance.org/journal/2006/02/23/configuring-nagios-on-centos-and-rhel/

and while it's not technically for fc3, it should be distro generic
enough to work for you.

> > I assume, you do not have timeperiods defined there, right?
>
> I didn't create the file, it came that way with FC 3. I'm just trying t
> get nagios started so I can determine if it can replace and enhance what
> I already have.
>
> > By the way Nmagios 1.2 is really old, there are a l lot more features in
> > newer versions...
>
> I know it an older version but it what was already installed.  I hope is
> enough to give me an idea of what nagios can do.  If it works out and I
> decide to migrate, I'll upgrade to the latest version.
>
> > Greetz, Thomas.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety''
Benjamin Franklin 1775