Distibuted monitoring

Arno Lehmann al at its-lehmann.de
Fri Mar 3 11:04:00 CET 2006

Hello,

On 3/3/2006 9:21 AM, Чертоляс Андрей wrote:
> Hello, nagios users!
>
> I try to tune up distributed monitoring in Nagios. On both servers,
> central and distributed, nsca plugin works correctly, messages received
> on central server, so i can see them in nsca daemon logs. But - messages
> does not appear on central nagios. What am I missing?

Have you defined the services and hosts that you report from the
distributed monitoring server on the central one, too, set up command
processing, and accept passive check results for the services and hosts?

> Central server: rh9, Nagios 2.0b3
> Distr. server:  rhel3, Nagios 2.0

Some relevant parts of your configuration as well as the Nagios log when
distributed checks arrive might be helpful.

> Thanks in advance!
>
> PS
> Sorry for my english, it's not my foreign language.

Good enough for me, but I assume English *is* a foreign language for you ;-)

Arno

IT-Service Lehmann                    al at its-lehmann.de