nagios check-host-alive always down {Disarmed} {Fraud?} {Disarmed} {Fraud?}

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Mar 2 18:05:35 CET 2006

And that's even more unexpected. If you ran the test as the nagios user
then you did exactly what nagios is doing. Do you have multiple copies
of nagios running? Stop nagios, use ps to verify that all are dead and
restart nagios.

--
Marc

And
> there is no message like 'avc denied' in /var/log/message and the
output
> of command audit2allow is blank.
>
> Thanks
>
> Daniel
>

> On 3/2/06, Marc Powell <marc at ena.com> wrote:
>
> 	Hmm. That's an unexpected result. The next step would be to go
one
> level
> 	higher and execute nagios' check_ping as the nagios user --
>
> 	/path/to/nagios/libexec/check_ping -H 192.168.0.1 -w 3000.0,80%
-c
> 	5000.0,100% -p 1
>
> 	Do you have SELinux enabled? Have you modified the default
policies?
> I'd
> 	look for 'avc denied' messages related to nagios in
> /var/log/messages
> 	just to be safe or, as root, run 'audit2allow -l -i
> /var/log/messages
> 	-v'.
>
> 	--
> 	Marc Powell
nagios-
> users- <mailto:nagios-users->
> 	> admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Daniel Carvalho
> 	> Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 10:00 AM
> 	> To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net <mailto:nagios-
> users at lists.sourceforge.net>
> 	> Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] nagios check-host-alive always
down
> 	{Disarmed}
> 	> {Fraud?}
> 	>
> 	> Hi Marc,
> 	>
> 	> The command /bin/ping -n -U -w 10 -c 1 192.168.0.1 is
executable
> for
> 	user
> 	> nagios. I logged as nagios user and exec the command above and
> 	everythings
> 	> is OK.
> 	>
> 	> The nagios machine is running CentOS 4.0. I installed nagios
via
> yum.
> 	>
> 	> Thanks
> 	>
> 	> Daniel
> 	>
> 	>
> 	> On 3/2/06, Marc Powell < marc at ena.com <mailto:marc at ena.com > >
> wrote:
> 	>
> 	>
> 	>
Attend

http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmdlnk&kid0944&bid$1720&dat1642
> 	>       _______________________________________________
> 	>       Nagios-users mailing list
> 	>       Nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> 	>
> 	>       ::: Please include Nagios version, plugin version (-v)
and
> OS
> 	when
> 	> reporting any issue.
> 	>       ::: Messages without supporting info will risk being
sent to
> 	> /dev/null
> 	>
> 	>