nagios check-host-alive always down {Disarmed} {Fraud?}

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Mar 2 17:10:31 CET 2006

Hmm. That's an unexpected result. The next step would be to go one level
higher and execute nagios' check_ping as the nagios user --

/path/to/nagios/libexec/check_ping -H 192.168.0.1 -w 3000.0,80% -c
5000.0,100% -p 1

Do you have SELinux enabled? Have you modified the default policies? I'd
look for 'avc denied' messages related to nagios in /var/log/messages
just to be safe or, as root, run 'audit2allow -l -i /var/log/messages
-v'.

--
Marc Powell

/bin/ping

> 	# chmod u+s /bin/ping
>
> 	# ls -al /bin/ping
> 	-rwsr-xr-x    1 root     root        27860 Sep 29 13:28
/bin/ping

> 	--
> 	Marc

scripting