Syslog - Nagios?

Mike Koponick mkoponick at redhawk.info
Thu Mar 2 00:52:41 CET 2006

I would like to send Syslog information from a remote Nagios sensor to
the Central Server via NSCA, since it's already in place.

I'm trying to see if there is a feasible way to parse out the
information I need, using something like SWATCH and send it to the
Central Server, who should be able to send it to a MySQL server.

I was thinking that I might be able to write the parsed out information
to the Nagios command file, but I don't think that would work. My
thinking is that if it was written to the Nagios command file that I
would be able to send it the parsed out information via the Nagios
process, but I might be WAY off base.

Has anyone ever done anything like this before?

Thanks in advance,

Mike