Can templates be cascaded together?

Ron Gage ron at rongage.org
Wed Mar 1 22:52:01 CET 2006

Can we cascade a template as in the following:

define service{
    name blah
    register 0
    }
define service{
    name info
    use blah
    register 0
    }
define service{
    name checkit
    use info
    }

Why would I want to use such an arrangement?  Simple: the "blah" service defines
generic values I want for ALL service checks (enable_notifications, etc...).
The "info" service defines generic values for each check type - check_ping for
example (check_command, service description, etc...).  Of course, "checkit" is
where I define which service to check on which host.

Would this work?

--
Ron Gage
(LPIC1 MCP A+ Net+)