page view question

Andrew Cruse andrew at profitability.net
Fri Jun 30 22:06:29 CEST 2006

It's not a perfect solution, but what I've done to achieve more or less
what you're looking for is:

Create an .htaccess file for the nagios/share directory:

AuthName "Nagios Access"

AuthType Basic

AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users

AuthGroupFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.groups

require valid-user

<Files cmd.cgi>

require group administrators

</Files>

Just make sure any user you want to be able to effect any changes via
the web interface are in the administrators group. Users not in the
administrators group will still see links and buttons to make changes,
but won't have permission to do so.

Andrew

  _____