Fw: ===NRPE: Unable to read output

Pavleck, Jeremy D. Jeremy.Pavleck at capella.edu
Fri Jun 30 00:34:59 CEST 2006

We'll also forward this to the list. Sorry for top posting, Blackberry and all.

And what do you get for check_nrpe --version?
I'm not positive right now, but I believe if you use an older check_nrpe with a newer nrpe (or vice versa) it won't work, something about the ssl-enabled nrpe and the older check not expecting it.
Also try turning on debug in your nrpe.cfg and running a few checks, then looking at the output in the log. Also, I'm not absolutely positive, but I believe there's a check_nrpe --verbose, which may show more of what is returned.

Oh, and search the docs for that error, should be more info there.

Usually with (No Output) errors it tends to be permissions, paths, or commands.

JDP

Jeremy D. Pavleck via BlackBerry
Network Engineer - Systems Management
IT Network and Infrastructure Dept.