Notifications

Mike Koponick mkoponick at redhawk.info
Wed Jun 28 15:59:21 CEST 2006

I am also having an issue with notifications.

Here is some information:

Nagios 2.0
I'm in a distributed environment.
Using Postfix for E-Mail.
I can send a test E-Mail directly from the OS
I can send a test E-Mail using the command in the misccommands.cfg file.
Notifications are enabled both in the main configuration file and the
services configuration file(s).
I'm not using host checks.

I never see any "notification" message in the syslog for Nagios.

It's as if Nagios doesn't know to send notifications.

With the exception of adding new services/hosts no other configuration
changes have taken place (at least to my knowledge!)
I have restarted Nagios, several times. Which also leads me to another
question, I have the "Enable_Notifications_ turned on, shouldn't I see
notifications when Nagios is restarted?

# NOTIFICATIONS OPTION
# This determines whether or not Nagios will sent out any host or
# service notifications when it is initially (re)started.
# Values: 1 = enable notifications, 0 = disable notifications

enable_notifications=1

Thanks in advance,

Mike