No Output

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Jun 27 00:25:37 CEST 2006

Thanks. Looks good.

> TEST RUN
> ---------
> [root at web nagios]# /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_ping -H
172.29.xxx.xxx
> -w 3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p 1
> CRITICAL - Plugin timed out after 10 seconds

You should always perform your tests as the nagios user. Root can run
commands that a normal user might not be able to (including ping) and
you may see different output. In any event, the output above for this
host looks good. Do you have the same check-host-alive command specified
for KWA-Core-7206 and MOR-7206? I am presuming that you can't ping this
host because one/both of those are down? How about the same kind of test
run for those two hosts. Also, try pinging them directly from the
command line with /bin/ping -n -U -c 1 172.29.xxx.xxx.

Did you upgrade the plugins when you upgraded nagios? Were there any
other system upgrades performed at the same time?

--
Marc