Pending host check

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Sat Jun 24 16:50:02 CEST 2006

Host
> Detail screen.  In the Service Detail screen, the "Service check
> scheduled for" date under status information is shown as within the
next
> minute, but it keeps getting put back and back indefinitely.
>
> But the cause of my problem must not be the same as in the above post,
> because I do have the check-host-alive service defined for my host:
>
> define host{
>          use                     generic-host
>          host_name               albany
>          alias                   Albany - Second Bonded Link
>          address                 192.168.253.200
>          parents                 head_office
>          check_command           check-host-alive
>          max_check_attempts      20
>          notification_interval   30
>          notification_period     24x7
>          notification_options    d,u,r
>          notifications_enabled   1
>          }
>
> Also, there are no errors defined when I run nagios -v
> /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg, and I also ran nagios -s and made sure I had
the
> recommended service check scheduling.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

What do the service definitions for this host look like? Hosts are never
checked unless a service on the host fails. If the first check of a
service is OK, the host is automatically assumed to be OK and moved out
of the pending state. If the services are not being checked then the
pending status is never changed.

--
Marc