nagios and Dell DRAC

Hannu Liljemark hannu.liljemark at gstdomain.net
Sat Jun 24 11:47:37 CEST 2006

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 02:32:03PM +0200, Sebastien Cantos wrote:

> I would like to monitor my DELL hardware using the snmptrap feature in the
> DRAC. I’ve seen documentation on how to make snmptrapd asynchronously notify
> nagios when a trap is received.
>
> I’m just a little bit confused with the DELL-DRAC-MIB and I would like to
> know if someone has done that before to help me understand which OID I have
> to monitor.

http://www.samag.com/documents/s=9559/sam0503g/

and check out some older posts like

https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=17028021
https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=17028904

With those you should have a nice snmptrapd+snmptt+sec+nagios setup that
will scale to handle more than just DRAC's traps if you want.

--
(Mr.) Hannu Liljemark  |  Appelsiini Finland Oy  |  http://appelsiini.fi