Further differentiating between Acknowledged and Un-acknowledged problems

Friedrich Clausen fred at derf.nl
Fri Jun 23 16:38:03 CEST 2006

Hi,

I hope my subject is not confusing. A little background first - We have
a NOC that monitors that status of various devices and services, through
the "service problems" section of the CGI.

I received a request to make acknowledged problems "go away" from the
"service problems" section. I only way to could see to do this is to
modify the CGI's. So there could be couple of side navigation bar link
changes, eg. "All Service Problems", "Unacknowledged Service Problems"
and "Acknowledged Service Problems".

I can't see a way to do this with the existing web interface. Are there
alternatives around yet? But to be honest I would rather have modify the
existing one because everyone knows how it works. Is it time to start
reading the Nagios hacking guidelines? :) Or can this be done in some
other way?

I have tried to be as clear as possible but if this is not making sense
please let me know.

Regards,

Fred.