nagios list of process IDs must follow -p

Thomas Sluyter nagios at kilala.nl
Fri Jun 23 11:43:06 CEST 2006

On 23 Jun, 2006, at 11:36, REMY Julien wrote:
> In /etc/init.d/nagios :
>
> status_nagios ()
> {
>
> 	if test ! -f $NagiosRunFile; then
> 		echo "No lock file found in $NagiosRunFile"
> 		return 1
> and so on...

I know what /etc/init.d/nagios looks like, thank you :)

My point was that the "ps -p" check is currently not the most elegant
solution to perform the check. It would be better if Ethan or someone
else fixed the init script in the various packages, so that it would
work properly. He could include something like:

[ -f $NagiosPID == "" ] || (echo "Something went wrong reading the
Nagios PID from $NagiosRunFile);

Which should come right after the setting of $NagiosPID. I know, it's
a nasty kludge, but at least it'll catch the error if $NagiosPID
isn't read properly.

Cheers,

Thomas