statusmap.cgi - how to break up map

Pavleck, Jeremy D. Jeremy.Pavleck at capella.edu
Thu Jun 22 21:50:18 CEST 2006

As for if there's a way to make separate maps, it should already be
built in!
If you've created Host groups and assigned devices to them, you can
filter the Status Map by using the "Drawing Layers" area.
Additionally you can adjust the 2D coordinates via the Extended
Information config:

2d_coords:
This variable is used to define coordinates to use when drawing the host
in
the statusmap CGI. Coordinates should be given in positive integers, as
the
correspond to physical pixels in the generated image. The origin for
drawing (0,0) is in the upper left hand corner of the image and extends
in
the positive x direction (to the right) along the top of the image and
in the
positive y direction (down) along the left hand side of the image. For
reference,
the size of the icons drawn is usually about 40x40 pixels (text takes a
little extra space). The coordinates you specify here are for the upper
left
hand corner of the host icon that is drawn. Note: Don't worry about what
the maximum x and y coordinates that you can use are. The CGI will
automatically
calculate the maximum dimensions of the image it creates based
on the largest x and y coordinates you specify.