MySQL Alive and Accepting Connections Plugin...

Marcel Smeets mpgsmeets at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 14:10:07 CEST 2006

As a collaegue of Thomas ( :-) ) maybe i can help out:

You can use your own plugin, they are based in the checkcommands.cfg in the
nagios /etc dir.:

e.g.

# 'ssh_mysql' command definition
define command{
        command_name   mysql
        command_line   /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_mysql -P 3306 -d
database -H servername -u username -p password
        }

The check_mysql plugin is part of the default nagios-plugins package. It not
only checks the DB but you are sure about what is going on :-)

Works great!!

On 6/16/06, Thomas Sluyter <nagios at kilala.nl> wrote:

> I'm actually tempted to steer you towards check_tcp :)
>
> Would that be enough for you?
>

> On 16 Jun, 2006, at 13:52, Jan van der Merwe wrote:
>
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > I'm looking for a really simple plugin that will just check whether
> > a MySQL
> > server is alive and accepting connections. I've found a few plugins
> > that
> > perform some other strange functions, but none that provide this
> > simple
> > functionality.
> >
> > Thanks!

> > reporting any issue.

> reporting any issue.

Ringtones, NameTones, RealTones, TrueTones, Polyphonic Tones Logo's,
WallPapers, JavaGames and more !!

http://www.e-tones.net