nagios_command_check not working correctly

Enrique Llanos V. ellanosv at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 09:31:08 CEST 2006

I forgot to mention that while trying different options to the
nagios_check_command i tried the first time with the value 'nagios'
instead of the others shown, i also chmoded check_nagios and cgi.cfg
(just in case) to 755 and the results are the same, about the
restrictive apache, well i wouldnt now i just configured it as
recomended in the links provided by gentoo and nagios[0].

[0]
<IfDefine NAGIOS>
        ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/nagios/sbin/
        <Directory "/usr/nagios/sbin/">
                AllowOverride AuthConfig
                Options +ExecCGI
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all

                 AuthName "Nagios Access"
                 AuthType Basic
                 AuthUserFile /etc/nagios/htpasswd.users
                 require valid-user
        </Directory>
        Alias /nagios/ /usr/nagios/share/
        <Directory "/usr/nagios/share/">
                Options None
                AllowOverride AuthConfig
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all

                 AuthName "Nagios Access"
                 AuthType Basic
                 AuthUserFile /etc/nagios/htpasswd.users
                 require valid-user
        </Directory>
</IfDefine>

and /etc/conf.d/apache
APACHE2_OPTS="-D DEFAULT_VHOST -D NAGIOS"

I'll appreaciate any comments.

Thanks in advance

On 6/8/06, Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Enrique Llanos V. wrote:
>
> > Dudes, i have configured a nagios server in a gentoo box, according to
> > the instruction given here[0] and here[1] and, almost everything is
> > working correctly[2] except the important fact that the command
> > declared in cgi.cfg for the parameter nagios_check_command[3] is
> > reporting that "Nagios check command did not return any output "[4].
> > I've tried several different ways[*] for the nagios_check_command but
> > i still get the same result, the permissions for that file are 640,
> > I'm starting to think that maybe a bug in gentoo nagios 1.4[5].
>
> Are you sure you did disable eXecutable bits on a nagios check command?
>
> How do you expect it to run?
>
> Hugo.
>
> --

BSc. Enrique Llanos V.