Nagios and/or GroundWork

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Wed Jun 7 15:11:27 CEST 2006

On 7 Jun 2006, at 13:39, Oliver Marshall wrote:

> Just curious as to what peoples opinions are really. I'm tempted by
> Groundwork, but I'm also put off by a lot of things and may stay with
> Nagios proper on Mandriva.

I haven't had a chance to look at Groundwork's software, so I can't
really comment on their application.

However, I would personally like Groundwork to contribute more to the
community. I'm sure they must have patched Nagios and the Nagios
Plugins for their own implementation and I'd like to see some more of
those come back to us. While the GPL does not mandate it, it is in
the best interests of the entire community if there is not just
"take", but also a bit more "give".

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243