How to monitor complex websites?

Oliver Marshall Oliver.Marshall at g2support.com
Wed Jun 7 14:45:03 CEST 2006

Call me silly, but, for monitoring each server, can't you just assign
each server its own IP (if each hasn't already got one), and then
monitor the response on those IPs?

We have a four server cluster (windows based) that operates using RRDNS,
and each has it's own IP (clearly), and on each we have the NSClient and
test various things locally, as well as pinging the IP's and checking
the individual http ports on each.

Olly