External Commands time

David Schlecht dschlecht at doit.nv.gov
Tue Jun 6 23:56:17 CEST 2006

Hi list

Using v2.2, I'm disabling notifications on a host using an External
 Command. The script calculates a future time and issues a enable-notific
ations command with that time. However, Nagios seems to ignore the
 times and just runs the Enable command immediately after the Disable
 command. I see both the enable and disable lines in the logs at
 the same time. Looking at the web interface, I see that the notification
s are not disabled for the host.

However, if I remove the code to Enable Notifications in the future,
 the notifications are correctly disabled.

This seems to point to a failure to honor the time field in the
 command.

Has anyone had success with this using disable notifications and
 enable notifications?

- David Schlecht (dschl)

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/nagios-users.34.0.html