basic config (client side)

Winn Johnston winn_johnston at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 6 18:18:37 CEST 2006

--- jeff vier <boinger at tradingtechnologies.com> wrote:

> Please always reply to the list so that others may
> benefit from your
> experience.
>
> On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 09:06 -0700, Winn Johnston
> wrote:
> > impossible, it is in production, and works. I just
> > want to know what is the deal with the etc/
> directory
> > in the /nagios directory?
>
> Who knows?  A "normal" installation puts it where
> you tell it.
>
> How did you install it?  What OS?  What version of
> Nagios?  What files
> are in these directories you mentioned?
>
> You didn't give near enough information for further
> assistance.
>
> --jeff
>
> P.S.  Top-posting is poor form.
>
> > --- jeff vier <boinger at tradingtechnologies.com>
> wrote:

> > > directories.
> > > hold
> > > /etc/nagios
> > > client
> so
> > > this
> answer,
> > > but
> and
> > > the
> right
> > > in
> is
> > > the
> > > monitoring
> > >
> > > If it was me, I would say delete all that junk
> and
> > > install it from
> > > source, then you'll know for sure.

Ok some more info.

/etc/nagios # ls
dependencies.cfg    misccommands.cfg  servers
disabled            nagios.cfg        services.cfg
cgi.cfg            escalations.cfg     nrpe.cfg
  suse-default
checkcommands.cfg  fedora              nrpe.cfg.old
  timeperiods.cfg
command.cfg        hostgroups.cfg      nsca.cfg
contactgroups.cfg  hosts.cfg           resource.cfg
contacts.cfg       minimal.cfg-sample  send_nsca.cfg

 /usr/local/nagios/
.bash_logout   .emacs  .viminfo  etc      sbin
.bash_profile  .gtkrc  .zshrc    libexec  share
.bash_history  .bashrc  .kde    bin       removed  var

- OS
SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (i586)
VERSION = 9
PATCHLEVEL = 3