Service detail page refresh, stale checks

Patrick Morris patrick.morris at hp.com
Fri Jun 2 01:53:28 CEST 2006

A few responses inline:

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006, Tracy R Reed wrote:

> It is showing some past cached state which is driving me nuts as I try
> to debug other problems and cannot tell what effect my changes might
> have had because I am getting old information. My browser must be
> caching them. Shouldn't nagios be doing something to prevent the browser
> from caching?

It does. Have you checked that there is only one copy of Nagios running?

> Also, is there any way to get rid of the frame? That only adds to the
> confusion. Reload, reload this frame, etc.

There are replacement GUIs, but I've never tried any of them.  Recent
browsers all seem to deal with "Reload" in a way that makes sense to me.

> I have two service checks which seem to be stuck on failure. I am using
> check_tcp to check that cfservd is running. On all of my machines except
> two it is working properly. I cannot discern what makes these two
> machines exceptional. I can manually run the check command from the
> nagios server:
>
> check_tcp -H djwww06 -p 5308
> TCP OK - 0.053 second response time on port
> 5308|time=0.052821s;0.000000;0.000000;0.000000;10.000000
>
> and get a success. On both of the machines. Yet when nagios checks it
> (or claims to check it) it always comes back failure.

Why does it claim to be failing?  There should be an error message
associated with the failure.  How is your service configured?  Are you
sure it's passing the same command you're passing?