check_http ssl certificate

Lundgren, Scott SELundgr at email.uncc.edu
Thu Jun 1 23:31:53 CEST 2006

Do you know why the browser is prompting about the certificate when you
access the URL through your browser? Does the certificate match or is it
expired?

you may have to look through the source of the check_http plug-in and to
see how it handles SSL certificate negotiation. On one hand it could
blindly trust any certificate. On the other hand like a browser the
plugin could consult some file for manually accepted & stored
certificates or simply exit if the certificate doesn't is
expired/doesn't match.

Scott Lundgren
ITS - Web Services
UNC at Charlotte