Authentication problem (apache basic)

Brad Clemmons Jr brad.clemmons at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 16:00:58 CEST 2006

Thanks, I tried both, but still no luck.  I added the auth lines to the
/share share dir too.  I also tried Patrick's AllowOverride.  I now get a
login prompt when I go to my main nagios page (http://nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/nagios),
but it doesn't appear to pass along to the CGI's or nagios can't figure it
out.  The authentication now works for the html (the /share stuff) as it
let's me log in.  If I then click on any of the cgi links, etc... I get the
?" at the top of the pages (like the tac overview page).

So the pertinent lines in my httpd.conf now appear as :
 ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin /opt/nagios/sbin
    <Directory /opt/nagios/sbin>
        AllowOverride AuthConfig
        Options +ExecCGI
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        AuthName "Nagios Access"
        AuthType Basic
        AuthUserFile /opt/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
        Require valid-user
    </Directory>

  Alias /nagios /opt/nagios/share
    <Directory /opt/nagios/share>
        Options None
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        AuthName "Nagios Access"
        AuthType Basic
        AuthUserFile /opt/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
        Require valid-user
    </Directory>

-b