Nagios 2.3.1 and 2.4 compilation problem - statusmap.cgi

Felipe Tocchetto felipe at tocchetto.com
Thu Jun 1 20:03:17 CEST 2006

Recently I started to try install Nagios in a Solaris 10 box, but I
didn´t get it works.

First I was trying the 2.3.1 version of Nagios, so yesterday I notice
that the new version 2.4 has this fix:

- Fix for missing  include that prevented CGI compilation under Solaris

So I downloaded the new version but I am getting the same compilation error.

The flags that I am using (the same I was using in previous version):

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/nagios-2.4/ --with-nagios-user=nagios
--with-nagios-group=nagios --with-command-group=nagcmd
--with-gd-lib=/usr/local/lib --with-gd-inc=/usr/local/include

The error is after de 'make all' command:

gcc -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DNSCGI
-L/usr/local/lib -o statusmap.cgi statusmap.c getcgi.o cgiutils.o
cgiauth.o  objects-cgi.o xobjects-cgi.o statusdata-cgi.o
xstatusdata-cgi.o -lgd -liconv -lpng -ljpeg -lz -lm -lrt
gdImageCreateFromJpeg               /var/tmp//ccu5735L.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to statusmap.cgi
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [statusmap.cgi] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/nagios-2.4/cgi'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Some extra information:

SunOS 5.10 Generic_118844-26 i86pc i386 i86pc
gcc version 3.3.2
gd-2.0.33
libiconv-1.8
libpng-1.2.8
jpeg-6b

If anybody knows how to solve this I agree.

Best Wishes

Thanks for you attention

--
Felipe L. Tocchetto