problem about check_dhcp {Disarmed} {Fraud?}

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Jul 28 17:13:29 CEST 2006

[snip]
> The rigths in libexec:
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root   root    61374 Jul 28 13:16 check_dhcp

[snip]

> And there it is - no problem by running all the other plugins - but on
> this one I havent got the rigths.
>
> Its running on a SUSE system as a Distributed server..
> What should I do to make nagios get the rigths to make this  dhcp check???

su -; chown root /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_dhcp; chmod u+s /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_dhcp

check_dhcp must be run as the root user. Making it owned by root and suid will allow nagios to run it as the root user with no special actions necessary. This would/should have been the default permissions after plugin installation.

--
Marc