defining a hostgroup

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Jul 28 16:39:21 CEST 2006

Actually no, nagios will fail with a members line with no members. Try
it.

The OP has a completely valid hostgroup definition at least for 2.x; I
use the same thing extensively. If I remember correctly, 1.x would fail
without a members directive.

OP: Are you sure that's the correct definition that is referenced in the
error? The line number should be given. Is it specifically complaining
about the line that contains 'define hostgroup{'? The test is at line
628 of xdata/xodtemplate.c and is pretty straightforward. It just looks
to see if the line contains the word 'hostgroup' (among others). That
would imply that there is a typo on the line or a hidden control
character or something that's not being shown in your example above.

--
Marc