NRPE

Martin J. Green mgreen at altien.com
Fri Jul 28 13:58:54 CEST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Thomas
Slutyer
Sent: 28 July 2006 12:53
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] NRPE

> Having problems getting NRPE to connect. Followed the manual, checked
> the faq, still nothing.

All your definitions look alright at a glance...

Check the following:
* firewall

No firewall on either machine.

* access control list in /usr/local/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg

Done. It was commented out, I've changed it include all ips on both
subnets of the nagios machine

Jul 28 12:55:03 dell05 nrpe[32259]: Allowing connections from:
127.0.0.1,192.168.0.34,10.0.0.34

root at backup:/usr/libexec/nagios# ./check_nrpe -H 192.168.0.37 -t 30 -c
check_disk1
CHECK_NRPE: Socket timeout after 30 seconds.

* access control list in /etc/hosts.allow

I'm not using inetd - I'm running as daemon (both deny and allow are
blank in any event)

* try telnet-ing to the NRPE port, from the Nagios server.

Did that. I get a connection, nothing other than that - no greeting etc.

Just doesn't seem to work :S

Incidentally, this is the second machine I've tried it on. Couldn't
connect to other machine either.

-
your
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDE