Nagios disaster recovery plan!

Max H. btmanmeh at verizon.net
Thu Jul 27 22:06:43 CEST 2006

Colby Williams wrote:
> Has any one come up with a way to back up important Nagios files?
>
> Files like:
>
> *.cfg and httpd.conf

We check all the files in and out with svn. On top of that, I keep a
CentOS server CD load running as a virtual machine on VMware.

In case the live box goes down, I can simply svn checkout the latest and
greatest set of configurations, and start the Nagios service. You're
back up and running in the amount of time it takes you to type the svn
command, and service nagios start.

It's not perfect, but I just had to go forth and use it a few weeks ago
when my Nagios host died. The network was not being monitored for maybe
10 minutes tops.

Max